Image courtesy of James Barker/ FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Ever sit down and take yourself out of the world and just meditate, think, pray and spend time to reconnect? I’m so busy these days that I miss some of the activities that I did a few years back, like..
- Making jewelry. I love to make jewelry and I’m gonna set aside time once a week and start working on different projects again.
- Reading. I enjoy getting lost in a good novel, taking the characters and making them my friend or enemy and following their story.
- Playing Bid Whist. My parents played all the time when I was growing up, so you know we had to learn how to play. I missed it so much, I have an app on my iPad. It’s ok, doesn’t take the place of the parties my parents had though.
- My family. I love living in St Louis with my husband and kids, but I miss my family and friends from Kansas City. I also miss all my family that are no longer here.
- Girls Night Out. My friends from AT&T, we used to have a ball!! We partied, celebrated birthdays, went to plays, dinner. Most of the time we would kick it at each others house, those were the best times.
- My girls when they were babies. So sweet, full of energy and girly girls.
Those are good thoughts, nothing sad. Then I think about where I am now in life and I reflect and thank God for my life…
- I am truly blessed. I have a family I love, roof over my head, everything I need and most of what I want.
- I love mornings….
- That I haven’t hurt one person while I’m graciously going through menopause.
- I am able to be ME, express myself through my blog, share with others, learn from others and hope to encourage those that need encouraging, because we all need it every once and a while.
- I recognize that I make mistakes and it’s ok to forgive myself.
- I am able to work from home and help provide for my family.
- Material things come and go…don’t get so attached to them.
- As of yesterday, I have two teenagers in the house. My youngest turned 13 yesterday. I have a large bottle of Ibuprofen.
Yesterday, today and tomorrow….living my life like it’s golden.