One of my favorite past times is watching HGTV and DIY networks. I watch and help people buy new homes, flip homes, fix up homes and imagine myself at Lowe’s or Home Depot at the right time when a Crasher is there. I imagine myself in the Caribbean buying a home on a beach I’ll admit that after I watch the morning news, I check to see what’s on HGTV and DIY for the day. So what better way than to give my top five things I love about HGTV.
1. I’m the ultimate House Hunter ~ I know it’s a staged show, I still enjoy looking at different homes and watching people hash it out about their likes an dislikes and getting mad at them when they don’t pick the house I think they should buy. I know, the nerve of me.
2. Chip & Joanna Gaines. I just love everything about them, how she decorates and designs a home, his goofy, quirky ways and how she low-key she is when it comes to him. I enjoy watching how they take an old house, gut it and completely remodel it. Almost makes you wanna move to Waco, TX just to buy a house from them and have them transform it into a beautiful home.
3. I’ve just about entered all their sweepstakes….well almost. I actually forget to register for the HGTV 2015 Smart Home, until I get the daily email reminder. I’m gonna win one day, the 2015 house is closer to me than all the others.
4. I actually look for TV trucks, cameras and The Crashers….House, Yard, Kitchen and Bathroom Crashers every time I go to Lowes or Home Depot. I sure hope they come to the Kansas City area soon, I could use all of them! The Ultimate Crash, house, bath and yard….yes I’m a candidate, I’ll be looking for them.
5. I admire Egypt Sherrod of Property Virgins, she has class, finesse and she’s getting a new show, Flipping Virgins. I’m excited for Egypt, she’s a great example of a true entrepreneur, she has her TV show, she’s a real estate mogul and at one time a radio personality.
All photos courtesy of HGTV
It could easily be more than a top five, but this would be a part 2 or 3 post. When I watch these shows, I’m always thinking about my house, dreaming about the day I can do a complete remodel. Until then, I’ll continue to tune into my favorite network HGTV and work on my home one room at a time, my reality.