Image courtesy of stockimages/FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Everyone is out and about busy shopping and preparing for Christmas. Let’s remember a few safety tips while out, especially if you are out after dark…
- Have your keys in hand when going to the car, don’t wait until you are at the car to start looking for your keys
- If possible, carry a small purse or wristlet. Now if you have a hard time keeping up with something that small, then stick to your purse.
- Try to keep credit/debit card info out of plain sight, you never know who’s looking over your shoulder.
- Don’t leave your packages in your car for people to see. If possible, put them in the trunk or in the back if you drive a SUV or minivan.
- Please, please don’t leave your purse in the car all open for the world to see. I have never been able to understand why women do this one.
- When it’s time to leave the mall or shopping area, try to go with others, especially if you are shopping alone.
- I try to make sure someone knows where I am when I’m out shopping.
- Make sure you keep all receipts or have them email them to you. Some retailers offer email option for receipts now.
Here’s a few others, not safety related but things to keep in mind.
- Be comfortable while shopping but decent. You don’t want to run into Sis Oh No She Didn’t at the mall looking like you just rolled out of the bed.
- Make sure you eat before going shopping or have a little lunch while out. You know how some of us are, excited about shopping but won’t eat. I’m not one of those.
- If you normally shop alone, do your Christmas shopping alone. No sense of ruining any relationships or getting mad at someone right before the holiday.
- Have fun but remember to stay within the budget you set.